Damage to awnings is very common and can happen from rain, gust of winds, etc. The typical cost to fix just one slightly bent awning arm can be $400 or more. We strongly recommend you DO NOT use the awning at all but if you do remember any damage is 100% paid for out of your damage deposit.
Michigan Camper Rental llc (DBA The Camper Connection) (a.k.a MCR) and Renter agree as follows:
- AGE AND USAGE: Renter is at least 30 years of age and will be an occupant of the unit during the entire camping period You certify that you agree to and understand the limitations placed on the number of persons permitted to occupy the Rental per the description of our ad, and unless prior written approval has been granted by MCR, you agree to abide by such limitations.
- PAYMENT POLICY: A deposit is required to complete the reservation. The refundable security deposit and the balance of the total for the rental is due 30 days prior to the rental start date.
- COMPARABLE CAMPER: MCR reserves the right to place you in a comparable camper. This is very uncommon but situations do arise where we will need to move you into another camper at our discretion. This would typically happen if the camper you reserved was damaged or needed service, etc.
- FESTIVALS AND GATHERINGS burning man and electric forrest festival are strictly prohibited. All of the security deposit will be forfeited. Rent will be charged separate for all cleaning and repairs. Any other festival or gathering must be approved by MCR or penalties above apply as well.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: 50% refund of money collected up to 30 days before rental, no refund within 30 days of rental. Additionally, no refunds will be given for cancellations of reservations during a holiday and event weeks for early check-outs or no-shows. No refunds will be given for cancellation or interruption that occurs due to inclement weather.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT: The Security Deposit of $1000 is provided as security against damage to the Rental, theft, late check-out and violation of any renter’s agreement contained in this Agreement. An inspection is done after each check-out for any damage done to real or personal property. The renter(s) shall be liable and solely responsible for any property damage, accident, injury to any person or loss sustained by any person or arising out of or in any way related to renter(s) use of the premises or the items of personal property provided by MCR hereby agrees to indemnify and hold MCR harmless from any and all claims, including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way related to renter(s) use of premises or items provided therein. Renter(s) assumes the risk of injury or other losses relating to any recreational activities and will hold MCR harmless with respect thereto. Renter(s) agrees to indemnify MCR for any damages to the dwelling, grounds, furnishings, and household items. In the event that damage result from a renter(s) occupancy, MCR is authorized to utilize the credit card on file or the cash security deposit to cover said damages or additional cleaning costs, including the charging or billing of any additional amounts that exceed the deposit held. MCR is not responsible for articles left on premises. There will be a $10.00 charge in addition to shipping charges for handling the return of any articles found by housekeeping. Lost & Found will be held for 30 Days. After such time all items will be donated to charity.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT REFUND: A security deposit is authorized to be charged for the booking of the rental. Any damage to the rental unit is the responsibility of the renter and will be deducted from the security deposit. MCR has up 7 days from the return of the unit to inspect the unit for damages and contact the customer. The security deposit will be returned within another 5-10 business days if there are no damages to the rented unit and can be held up to 60 days if damages occur that need quotes and or repairs.
- CLEANING: Camper will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned when you get it. We ask that the unit be returned in the same general condition that you received it. If cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your deposit at the rate of $50 per hour. Please be sure to empty the holding tanks before the unit is brought back. If renter would rather not empty, MCR will empty for an additional $50 charge.
- NO PETS OR SMOKING ARE ALLOWED: Since many people have allergies and it is difficult to remove the odors and allergens associated with both pets and smoke, we must STRICTLY ENFORCE this policy. If evidence of pets on site or evidence of smoking inside the Renal is found, MCR reserves the right to charge $200.00 to treat the property for fleas and/or allergens. In addition, any damage caused by pets or smoking materials will be charged to renters damage deposit or credit card on file.
- WHAT WE SUPPLY: Included in your camper, MCR supplies the rental with kitchen and cooking supplies as well as the SPECIAL TOILET PAPER and septic tabs that campers require.
- RENTERS LIABILITY: Renter agrees to accept liability for any damages caused to the Rental by renter or renters guests, including, but not limited to, damage to the Rental in any way or damage to any appliances and/or equipment furnished. Use during freezing weather is completely at your risk in regards to damages to any partof the water system and freezing. If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held, renter agrees to reimburse MCR for costs incurred to repair/replace damaged items. Renter also understands any tire damage that occurs while in their possession is to be paid for by them.
- HOLD HARMLESS: MCR does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons and/or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing. Nor will MCR accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, or other reasons beyond our/its control.
- AWNING: Use the awning at your own risk. Damage to awnings is very common and can happen from rain, gust of winds, etc. The typical cost to fix just one slightly bent awning arm can be $400 or more. We strongly recommend you DO NOT use the awning at all but if you do remember any damage is 100% paid for out of your damage deposit.
- CHECKIN: Make sure to complete the checkin at www.micamperrental.com/checkin either before you hook up to the travel trailer if your towing, before you start the RV if your renting a drive-able RV or within 15 minutes of arriving at your camper if your having it delivered to log any damage or issues. Any damage or issues found upon our inspection after the rental is over will be your responsibility if they were not reported to us as mentioned above.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges MCR, from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold MCR free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therein. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs. If guest violates any conditions of this agreement, MCR may terminate this agreement and enter premises. Upon notice of termination of this agreement, Renter shall vacate the premises immediately. In the event MCR has to resort to legal process to enforce rights under this Agreement, Renter shall be responsible for reasonable Attorney fees and costs. Renter agrees this contract is entered into in Kent County, Mi, and consents to the personal jurisdiction of any proper court located therein.
- INSURANCE: We provide collision and comprehensive insurance on the rental with a deductible. You are responsible for the deductible amount. This insurance does not cover Loss of Use or our administrative expenses incurred processing a damage claim. Coverage is void if you materially breach this Agreement, or if you fail to cooperate in any loss investigation conducted by us or our insurer. You must: (a) report all damage to us and all accidents to us and the police as soon as you discover them and complete our incident report form; and (b) provide us with a legible copy of any service of process, pleading, or notice of any kind related to an accident or other incident involving the Vehicle. You are responsible for all damage to the camper that is not covered by our insurance policies or that is in excess of our insurance limits. You are responsible for all damage or injury you cause to third parties and agree to provide liability insurance coverage on the rental through the insurance policy that covers your towing vehicle. If you are towing the camper yourself you must have your insurance agent confirm the liability portion of your personal auto coverage flows back to the trailer while your towing it. If you do not have this form turned in you will not be awarded a refund for the rental rate paid. You will not forfeit your deposit though.
- IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES: Responsibility for Damage or Loss; Reporting to Police
By signing this agreement you understand and agree that you assume all liability, whether collision, damage, or liability for the entire duration of the rental. You agree to indemnify the owner of the RV and RVshare the company in any suit brought against them.Responsibility for Damage or Loss; Reporting to PoliceYou are responsible for all damage to, or loss or theft of, the Vehicle, which includes the cost of repair or the actual cash value of the Vehicle if it is not repairable or if we elect not to repair it, loss of use, diminished value of Vehicle caused by damage to it or repair of it, missing equipment, connected with any damage claim whether or not you were at fault. You must report all accidents involving the Vehicle to us and the police within 24 hours of occurrence.
- APPLIANCES: The A/C, heat, awning, radio, microwave, television, jacks, plumbing, etc. are convenience items. If any malfunctions should occur with any of these items, no compensation will be made to you. For assistance, you are advised to consult the campground host which are located at most campgrounds or give us a call 269-205-3349
- SEPTIC: If your are towing the camper yourself and do not empty both the black and grey tanks a $75 fee will be taken from your deposit. If MCR is delivering the rental and septic needs to be dumped the fee is $25
- CAMPER PERFORMANCE: Campers are setup to run off specific electrical hookups. MCR will not be held responsible for the performance of your rental when you are not hooked up to the proper electrical setup which is typically 30amp shoreline power. If you are using a generator, 110 reducer, etc the camper may not function they way it is intended.
- KEY'S: When the camper is placed in your possession a set of keys will be given to you. If you are not at the campsite when the camper is delivered the keys will be placed in a hidden spot and we will let you know where. If the keys are lost you will be charged $100 to replace them. This fee may come off your deposit if management chooses.
- FRESH WATER TANK/PROPANE: Camper is responsible for filling fresh water tank and propane if and when needed.
- RETURN - PICKUP TIMES: Camper must be returned or ready for pickup by time indicted on reservation. If returned late renter will be charged $100 per hour.
- MISC: Some campers may have misc. items left in them from the camper owner.
- RENTAL ADD ON'S: If a rental add on is returned with any damage or defects the renter will be held liable and the purchase price of that item will be deducted from the security deposit and the renter will take possession of the item they damaged. Generator replacement cost is $400 and tablet replacement is $200
MCR reserves the right to charge your card on file $100 for each toll road ticket received during the dates of your rental.
DRIVE-ABLE RV'S IN ADDITION TO ABOVE TERMS
Michigan Camper Rental llc (a.k.a MCR) and Renter agree as follows:
Security Deposit & Authorization
A security deposit of $2500 is required 2-4 days prior to pickup and will be refunded when all costs are paid as per the terms of this Agreement. The amount of the security deposit is stated in your booking confirmation. Company may use your deposit to pay any amounts owed to us under this agreement. If the amount of the security deposit is insufficient to satisfy all amounts due then the Renter agrees to pay all charges in excess, either by cash, personal check or authorized use of the credit card provided. Minimum requirements for return of the security deposit include: unit is cleaned to a condition as good or better than when received, gas tanks are full, holding tanks are properly emptied, no damage was done to the rental, and there are no other violations of this Agreement. At the time of rental a credit card voucher will be authorized by Renter to cover any amounts payable pursuant to this Agreement and by executing this agreement Renter understands and expressly consents to use of the voucher for such purposes without reservation.
No refund of money collected up to 30 days before rental, no refund within 30 days of rental. Additionally, no refunds will be given for cancellations of reservations during a holiday and event weeks for early check-outs
Condition of Rental & Responsibility for Repair
Renter is responsible for all damage to the rental, missing equipment, down time, and MCR’s administrative expenses connected with such loss irrespective of the cause of said damage or loss or the negligence or lack thereof of Renter. Renter is responsible for loss due to theft of the rental. Renter is responsible for all damages due to vandalism of the rental. When accepting the rental, Renter and an authorized representative of MCR will complete a Walk-Thru Report of the rental, noting in writing any and all defects or damage to the rental prior to Renter's acceptance of same. At pickup, all rentals win have propane and gas, holding tanks will be dumped, and both the interior and exterior shall be clean.
Upon return of the rental, MCR will be given a reasonable amount of time to inspect the rental and will again note all defects or damage to same. The initial walk-through upon return is not the final inspection. MCR is not responsible for personal property left in the rental. All defects and/or damage to the rental noted in the MCR return inspection which are not noted on the Walk-Through report completed by Renter and MCR when accepting the rental shall be the sole responsibility of Renter and Renter shall reimburse MCR for the cost of the repair. To the extent that the security deposit actually paid to MCR is insufficient to cover the costs incurred by Renter, Renter will make immediate payment to MCR upon demand. Renter must report all accidents or incidents of theft or vandalism to the police as soon as Renter discovers them and provide a copy of the police report to MCR. Renter must report all accidents involving the rental to us within 24 hours of occurrence and provide a copy of the accident report to MCR.
If the rental is returned to MCR outside of regular business hours, Renter shall remain responsible for any damage or theft of the rental occurring prior to MCR's acceptance of return of the rental during regular business hours.
There will be a cleaning fee for both interior and exterior if the rental comes back dirty on the inside or the outside.
Drivers Renter acknowledges and agrees that no person shall be allowed to drive the rental who is not at least the age of 30, a holder of a valid driver's license in his or her actual possession, and approved through Outdoorsy's insurance or through a third party insurance binder. Renter acknowledges that recreational rentals can be very large and handle differently from passenger cars. The rental requires more skill and expertise to operate safely than a passenger rental. The rental requires more clearance above, in front of, behind, and beside them to operate safely, and the use of mirrors and direct visual verification are always required to maintain knowledge of the location of adjacent rentals and obstacles on the roadway. Due to size and handling characteristics, the rental shall not be operated at speeds in excess of reccomended speed of manufacturer
Spotters are recommended to assist the driver in backing the rental.
Renter represents and warrants to MCR that any person who operates the rental will have passed dmv verification and will have the skill and expertise to do so safely and free from negligence. Renter acknowledges that the qualifications of any driver of the rental are solely at the discretion and risk of Renter and MCR has not evaluated the skill and expertise of any such driver.
Renter acknowledges that MCR has no control over the number of passengers a Renter may allow into the rental or the conduct of those occupants while the rental is being operated. Therefore, Renter acknowledges that Renter is solely responsible for the passengers on board the rental as well as the conduct of those passengers, and Renter shall confirm that both driver and passengers are properly using seat belts while the rental is in motion.
Allowed Use of the Rental
The rental may only be used on those public roadways with sufficient width and clearance to allow the rental to be operated safely and without damage. Under no circumstances may the rental be operated off road. If MCR provides a driver for the rental, Renter remains responsible for all damage to the rental, missing equipment, down time, and MCR's administrative expenses connected with damage regardless of whether or not Renter or the driver is at fault.
Under no circumstance shall:
Insurance & Costs
Full coverage insurance has been placed on the rental by Mi Camper Rental.Renter is responsible for all damages up to the $2500 damage deposit in case of Mi Camper Rental needing to file an insurance claim.
Maintenance and Breakdown
Renter is responsible for checking all fluid levels, including oil and coolant levels at each refueling. Renter is responsible for checking air tire pressure, lug nuts and wheels at each refueling. Renter is responsible for mechanical damages due to negligence in operation and/or maintenance. Use during freezing weather is completely at your risk in regards to damages to any partof the water system and freezing. Should a breakdown occur, Renter must immediately notify MCR for repair authorization and follow instructions provided.
Hauling and Delivery
Hauling and Delivery Renter liability for damages relating to the delivered rental begins when the rental leaves the MCR lot or place of origin and ends when the rental is re-turned to the MCR lot or place of origin at the same location. This includes tire blowout, damage to the rental, or property of the facility where the rental is delivered and/ or picked up.
Right of Possession
MCR shall always have a superior right of possession of the rental over Renter. In the event that MCR's officers or employees, in their sole and absolute discretion, determine that the rental is at risk of damage or loss, MCR shall have the absolute right, but not the obligation, to recover the rental from Renter regardless of the amount of time remaining in the rental Agreement. In the event MCR recovers a rental from Renter, in addition to those costs payable pursuant to other parts of this Agreement, Renter shall pay all costs associated with such recovery including, but not limited to, employee wages, travel costs, fuel and repairs.
This Agreement does not create any type of partnership between Renter and MCR or rental owner. This Agreement may not be cancelled or modified except in writing signed by all parties.
This Agreement is not assignable by Renter
Renter agrees that venue for any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or Renter 's use of the rental (whether based in contract. tort, statue, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory) will be exclusively in the County of MCR’s operation. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of MCR’s operation.
Renter agrees that in the event MCR prevails in a suit to enforce this Agreement, it shall be entitled to recover all its costs and attorney's fees incurred in that action.
Warranties, Releases, Indemnification and Assignment
Renter acknowledges that MCR may not own the rental it is renting to Renter and rents the rental pursuant to a third party agreement with the owner of the unit. RENTER ACCEPTS RENTAL "AS IS" WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT RESERVATION. MCR AS WELL THE OWNER OF THE RENTAL DOES NOT WARRANT AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES ON THE RENTAL INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE RENTAL OR TIRE CONDITION, SUITABILITY, OR FITNESS OF THE RENTAL OR TIRES FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
MCR AND THE RENTAL OWNER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, RELIANCE, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FROM ANY LOST OR IMPUTED PROFITS OR REVENUES OR COSTS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE RENTAL REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY UNDER WHICH LIABILITY IS ASSERTED AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER MCR OR THE RENTAL OWNER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LIABILITY, LOSS OR DAMAGE. YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OF DAMAGE RELATED TO USE OF THE RENTAL SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL RENT PAID OR PAYABLE BY YOU TO MCR UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
BY EXECUTION OF THIS AGREEMENT, RENTER FURTHER RELEASES AND HOLDS HARMLESS MCR AND RENTAL OWNER FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCURRED BY RENTER AND ANY OTHER OCCUPANT OF THE RENTAL INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, COSTS FOR REPLACEMENT RENTALS, FUEL, TELEPHONE, TRAVEL, MEALS, LODGING COSTS, LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY, LOSS OF REVENUE, OR FOR ANY OTHER DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND THAT RENTER OR ANY OCCUPANT OF THE RENTAL MAY INCUR. RENTER FURTHER HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND FOREVER HOLD HARMLESS MCR AND RENTAL OWNER FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, OR CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER WHATSOEVER, AND BY WHOMEVER ASSERTED, ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY GROWING OUT OF THE OPERATION OR USE OF THE RENTAL UNDER THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREES, IN SUCH EVENT, TO PROVIDE A DEFENSE THEREFORE AS CHOSEN AND DIRECTED BY MCR AND TO PAY ANY EXPENSES IN THE DEFENSE OF ANY SUCH CLAIM OR LAWSUIT THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS OF NEGLIGENCE OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF MCR ANO/OR THE RENTAL OWNER. RENTER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT AS PART OF THE CONSIDERATION OF MCR RENTING THE RENTAL TO RENTER, RENTER DOES HEREBY ASSIGN TO MCR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION JUDGMENT OR SETTLEMENT AS THE RENTER MAY HAVE AGAINST ANY PERSON, FIRM OR CORPORATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MCR AND/OR THE RENTAL OWNER, TO SECURE SATISFACTION AND DISCHARGE OF ANY JUDGMENT OVER AND AGAINST MCR AND/OR THE RENTAL OWNER FOR ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND/OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, AND/OR CLAIMS FOR INDEMNITY AND/OR CONTRIBUTION, STATUTORY, CONTRACTUAL OR OTHERWISE.
SECURITY DEPOSIT REFUND:
- The rental be driven outside the United States and Canada.
- Any pets or other animals be allowed in the rental without permission.
- Renter allows anything to be towed behind the rental. The awning be unrolled or used without prior approval.
- Anyone be allowed on the roof of the rental.
- Anyone occupy any towed rental while it is in motion.
A security deposit is authorized to be charged for the booking of the rental. Any damage to the rental unit is the responsibility of the renter and will be deducted from the security deposit. MCR has up 7 days from the return of the unit to inspect the unit for damages and contact the customer. The security deposit will be returned within another 5-10 business days if there are no damages to the rented unit and can be held up to 60 days if damages occur that need quotes and or repairs.
Insurance: You are responsible for all damage or losses you cause to yourself, your property, the rental unit and others. You must purchase insurance through Outdoorsy, Rv Share other source we pre-approve
RV Condition at the time of pick up: The unit you are picking up is clean on the interior and exterior and is in full working order. Return Policy: Rental units must be returned as scheduled. The rental must be returned in the same condition listed at the time of pickup, (clean on the interior and exterior and is in full working order). Any accrued fees may be assessed and charged against the damage deposit.
ALL APPLICABLE CHARGES WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM THE SECURITY DAMAGE DEPOSIT.
Smoking: No smoking is allowed in rental units unless otherwise stated in your booking. Smoke odors in the returned rental units will result in additional tees. Please refer to Return Policy for applicable tees.
Pets: No pets are allowed in rental units unless otherwise stated in your booking. Any pet odors in the returned rental units will result in additional fees. Please refer to RV Return Policy for applicable fees.
Ladder: Some rental units are equipped with rear ladders. These are not for customer use. Activity on the roof of the unit is forbidden.
Use the awning at your own risk. Damage to awnings is very common and can happen from rain, gust of winds, etc. The typical cost to fix just one slightly bent awning arm can be $400 or more. We strongly recommend you DO NOT use the awning at all but if you do remember any damage is 100% paid for out of your damage deposit.
Vehicles can be left at pickup/drop off location at your risk. MCR is not responsible for any damages, lost or stolen items, etc.
Travel Restrictions: Rental units may not be taken into Mexico
Truces: Customer is responsible for all applicable taxes.
Rental Fees: All rental fee's must be paid prior to check-out including deposits.
RV must be returned or ready for pickup by time indicted on reservation. If returned late renter will be charged $100 per hour.
Cleaning rate is $50 per hour and septic dump fee is $75
COMPARABLE CAMPER: MCR reserves the right to place you in a comparable camper. This is very uncommon but situations do arise where we will need to move you into another camper at our discretion. This would typically happen if the camper you reserved was damaged or needed service, etc.
In the unlikely event of a break down or mechanical issues, repairs under $500.00 should be completed and paid for by the renter. Repairs over $500.00 must have prior authorization from MCR. Please save and submit all receipts for repairs when you return the rental unit, reimbursement depends on type of repair and cause. Renter also understands any tire damage that occurs while in their possession is to be paid for by renter.
FESTIVALS AND GATHERINGS burning man and electric forrest festival are strictly prohibited. All of the security deposit will be forfeited. Rent will be charged separate for all cleaning and repairs. Any other festival or gathering must be approved by MCR or penalties above apply as well.
Customer may apply online for Coach-Net roadside assistance. Some Rental units are equipped with awnings for shade. Awning may be prohibited. We suggest you do not use the awning due to the possibility of damage. An awning that is damaged may present extensive cost if damage occurs. If you elect to use the awning and it is damaged, repair cost can be up to $2,500.00, which you agree that you will be held responsible.
RENTAL ADD ON'S: If a rental add on is returned with any damage or defects the renter will be held liable and the purchase price of that item will be deducted from the security deposit and the renter will take possession of the item they damaged. Generator replacement cost is $400 and tablet replacement is $200
General Requirements: Customer agrees not to drive in a careless or negligent manner while towing or driving a Rented vehicle, nor drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, nor permit operation of the vehicle by any person except those signed to the agreement. Customer further agrees not to use, or permit use of the rental for unlawful purposes. Customers will hold Lessor harmless from any and all fines and penalties incurred during the rental period caused directly or indirectly by negligence, misuse or carelessness. Customer further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the MCR from and against any and all claims for loss of, or damage to property, or injury to person, including death, resulting from the use and operation of the rented unit. Unless prohibited by law, you release us from any liability tor consequential, special or punitive damages in connection with this rental or the reservation of a vehicle. Renter shall hold harmless, other client owners, MCR, Outdoorsy and its authorized agents and employees from and against an and all loss, bodily injury, damages and expenses, including legal expenses, of any kind arising from my rental unit during my possession extending to such time use is finalized and cleared by MCR, including without limitations, latent and other defects whether or not discoverable by you or MCR. This indemnity shall continue in effect at all times despite the return of the rental before or after expiration of the contract terms whether by formal request from MCR or otherwise. It is agreed and understood that MCR may control the defense of any such claim. By signing below, you acknowledge that you have been given an opportunity to read the terms of this Agreement before being asked to sign. Your signature permits us to process a credit voucher in your name tor all rental charges due under this Agreement.
Heavy Use Fee:
If GPS tracking device show alerts from hard braking, fast starts, speeding, etc customer will be charged a $250 to $1000 heavy use fee out of the damage deposit.
Rv Operation Training:
MCR assumes no liability for any training, orientation, testing, or other tips provided during RV walkthrough.
MCR reserves the right to charge your card on file $100 for each toll road ticket received during the dates of your rental.